So I finally talked to Shane after 9 days. Not too happy it took so long, and I think its either been a dangerous week or someone or multiple people got injured or killed, not really sure. He just said he didnt really want to talk about it and that it would put him in a bad mood but it did say it was amazing to hear my voice. Its sad but a 9 minute conversation with my husband makes my world. On monday we have been married for 4 months and have been together for maybe only one of those months...however I am totally in love with this man....it feel like we have been married for forever. I still need to get announcements out to everyone...Sorry its taking so long. Graduating and the holidays took precidence.
So Monday I start training...Which is good. I went and bought a cute calender and stickers so that I can mark down how much I did today. I am a VERY visual person so hopefully this will help. I also cleaned out our third bedroom which was just a HUGE storage unit so that I can paint and hopefully decorate it low budget but I think that it will make me think that I am being a good wife while I am looking for a job I am atleast doing something else constructive.
So working out begins tomorrow and I am SUPER excited about it. I got some workout clothes onsale so I was even more excited about that. I have 6 months....to get my big butt back into shape. So since you all are super close to me, I am going to post random updates. I am hoping Rachel and her sister will help since they are SUPER cute and very into running. My goal is to run the teton half marathon!
Its about a month or so before Shane comes home so I am thinking that it will be a WONDERFUL goal for me to have, that was I will look my hottest when he comes home from Afghanistan! haha I am a nerd.
Well I hope everyone is happy and healthy. My arthritis is having it out with my body but I am thankful I am still able to do everything it may just take me a little longer....and I may have fatty lokoing hands but I am loved, I have a house and I taken care of soo I can't complain too much. Love you all!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
yay, yay, yay!!! i loved running the teton 1/2!!!! it was so beautiful. do lots of incline training for sure and try to do as much of your training outside on the actual coarse. i ran 4-5 mi. m.t.th.fri and 7-9 on saturdays, taking wed and sun. off. it worked great! also, as far as taking off the pounds:
-30 min. of weight lifting 10-12 reps (do upper body and lower body, rotating each time, so upper mon, lower wed, upper fri)
-30 of cardio (make sure you do the weight lifting first, then the cardio (this is important so you will be burning fat while doing your cardio)
-start your day off with water and protein (eggs, cottage cheese are great)
-eat every 3-4 hours, never go more than 4 hours without eating, ever (this should be about 4 meals a day, but small meals)
-breads are not bad, just don't eat them at every meal;-)
**sean's bestie in rexburg was a personal trainer at world gym and gave me all of this info. i followed it and lost 5 pounds in two weeks. it doesn't seem like a lot, but i could see a difference.
good luck!
oh, for the weight lifting, it's 10-12 reps in sets of 3, so three sets of 10-12 bicep curls or on the bar or quads, etc.
good luck, you are awesome!!!!
hi pea! i sure love you. i'm sad we never got to see eachother while you were here. we should have hit up JDAWGS!!! Let me know if you're ever in town again. You still need to meet my husband!!! Let's keep in touch. I think you're absolutely wonderful jess. MUAH!
Hey girl, how are you! So first off I will thank Emily for the fitness/weight loss advice! ;)
I've got 20 lbs to lose... and it best be off in 6 months too!
You can do it! Love and miss you!
Post a Comment